Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My "MEAN MEAN" little girl!!!!


Okay it's time to VENT!!!!!! First of I just want to say that I know my sweet baby girl Kenna is not an angle by any means!! However she's 3 and like many three year olds she throws tantrums, often tells me NO in a firm voice, and isn't the best at sharing. Today we went to story time at the nearby Library and we were enjoying our time before it began playing games on the computer and reading. Kenna and another little girl were standing by the same bookshelf when Kenna brought me a book to read to her. Then out of no where I hear the GRANDMOTHER of the little girl say and I quote "I know she's a MEAN MEAN little girl!" in a very rude ton of voice. Right before Kenna brought me the book I was standing nearby talking with Sandy, a very close friend of mine, so I will admit that I did not see exactly what happened. From what I saw it seemed like the little girl picked up a book looked at the cover and then set it right back down. Then Kenna picked up the book less than a second later and brought it to me. At that point the little girl walk over to her grandma and told her that Kenna took the book from her. Which is when the lady mad her rude and very loud comment standing less than three feet away from me. I was stunned and could not believe that this woman was speaking about a three year old like that. I'm not saying that Kenna did or did not take the book from her but even if she did there is a different way of handling it. It's not like there was this big tug of war over the book and Kenna did not pushed or hit her. The fact of the matter is that she is 3 and we're still learning about how to share!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole Zapoli said...

Oh! I am so sorry!! That's horrible. It sounds like she was a mean, mean grandmother and not the other way around....and I'm sure her granddaughter is an angel all the time??!