What made it even worse was that in the weeks leading up to school Kenna was really freaked out. She has always been my easy baby when it came to going to sleep but then all of a sudden about a month before school started she began having nightmares and couldn't go to sleep. She kept saying creepy things like "it keeps telling me to not go to sleep". (What?? Who keeps telling you not to go to sleep??) At first we thought maybe she was just trying to manipulate us so she wouldn't have to sleep (I know parent of the year here) and then I realized that she was just having some anxeity issues over being away from me all day. So I knew I had to reel in my sadness and suck it up for her!
It was hard not to cry as we left her in the classroom for the first time and I had to sprint out before she realized that mommy was upset but I did it and I'm pretty proud of myself for holding it together. Keith took off that day so to get my mind off the fact that the school is kidnapping my child for 8 hours every week day for the rest of her life, and we had a great idea to go for a bike ride around the neighborhood. Well that didn't go so well. It was nice at first riding around all the lakes watching the duck, but then we can upon an ADORABLE little shitzu. He was standing at the edge of the lake when a fish or a turtle popped its head up. This scared the puppy and he jumped back from the water like there was an aligator after him. I giggled and said I quote "HAHA! That was cute the girls would have LOVED that!" Then it got weird as me a grown woman was riding her bike having a complete meltdown crying that my children didn't get to enjoy that moment with me. I know it won't always be so hard but I really just wish I could stop time and enjoy them all to myself for a little longer! Here are some pics from the first day of school. ENJOY!!

1 comment:
Okay - this one made me laugh out loud at my desk...NOT at your sadness but the thought of you riding your bike crying your eyes out. Okay - that sounds so mean of me!! OMG, I so get all of this though and it's so normal! (I think at least). When Kaylie started kinder she was my only child and we didn't think we could have anymore so I literally cried the whole way to work for like the 1st week of school. I felt like I lost my 1 and only baby forever. Uggghhhh - it sucks but it does get easier!
Post a Comment