Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I survived the Warrior Dash!

I am a Warrior now in case you couldn't tell by my obsessive posting on facebook!! I had sooo much fun and I don't think I have ever seen Keith more proud of me. Our weekend started with taking the girls to College Station to meet up with Memaw and Pawpaw on Friday evening. Then Keith and I enjoyed a nice Italian dinner (carb-o-load..hehe..i love the office) before returning home to get some much needed rest before our big race. Though we didn't sleep much at all (too anxious I guess) we were ready for anything they could throw at us! We met our friends Baker,Riley, Moss,Sarah, Rick and Kim who was my partner in crime with matching outfits and all there and put our war paint on. Keith was in his kilt oh did I forget to mention the kilt?? How dare I!! It was AWESOME and yes I'm talking about the kilt. Keith looked totally natural in it and it stayed surprisingly clean throughout the whole thing. We started the race at 10:30am ran a bit, ran some more and then we finally came to our first obstacle...the slippery slope (mudslide)..it was fun! Next we came to the dark tunnel which was uncomfortable and dark (who'd a thunk it?). Then there was the jump over a wall go under barbwire thingy...the Catherine Zeta Jones spiderweb Entrapment movie thing and yes I looked just like her doing it!

We did a couple different cargo nets, climbed over hay. Then it was time to jump over fire and dive into the mud! I told myself I wasn't going to be a girl about it that I was going to go all out and you know what I did it!! I just went for it and basically did a side/back flop into the mud. I finished got my medal and met my smiling husband! So here are the pics:















Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a warrior Erin!! It looks like you guys had a blast. You cracked me up with the Catherine Zeta Jones picture - way too funny. :)

Hello! said...

Get it girl... so proud of you! The Catherine Zeta Jones picture is HILARIOUS!